Hill Country Aeromodelers
Welcome to the Hill Country Aeromodelers Website!
The Hill Country Aeromodelers (HCAM) is an association of Radio Controlled model aircraft enthusiasts. The club is a non-profit organization chartered by the Academy of Model Aeronautics, the national umbrella organization for aeromodeling in the United States.
Our field is open 365 days a year during park hours (5am-10pm), however, the field will be closed on Wednesday mornings until noon for maintenance (mowing, repairs, etc.).
2023 Membership Renewals!
Time to renew your membership for 2023 if you haven’t done so. Please visit our Join/Renew page to pay you annual dues via PayPal. Please note that due to rising costs, the annual dues have risen this year.
Click the Renew button above to go to our Join/Renew page!
2023 Elections are coming in March!
Elections for Officers and Board of Directors will be held in March. If you are interested in running for one of the officer or board of director positions please contact the leadership by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org . More information regarding the election will be posted next month!
HCAM Members page is now active!
2023 Members now have access to the HCAM Members page where they can view the Member Directory, Meeting Minutes, By-Laws and Club Safety Rules in the Resources Page and their User Profile page where you can edit your personal information and change your password.
All current 2023 members should have received an email with your login information (Login ID & password). If you’ve joined and haven’t received access, please contact Webmaster Jimmy Gaona at email@example.com to get access.
Once you receive your login information, click on the Login button on the Menu Bar and enter your information. Once your logged in, the HCAM Members link will appear on the menu bar. Click on it to see the Member Resources page.
2023 New Year’s Fly-In Pictures
Here are pictures from our unofficial fly-in to kick off the New Year! More pictures of the planes in flight are in the Gallery page.
The Hill Country Aeromedelers have a general membership meeting the second Monday of each month at 7 PM. The next HCAM club meeting is February 13th at the La Posada restaurant at 6800 W Gate Blvd. Ste 143. Austin, TX 78745. (at the intersection of William Cannon Dr.). Arrive early if you want to eat before the meeting!
January Meeting Highlights!
- Current membership is at 75 persons with 55 persons having paid, however, 2022 memberships expire on 1/31/2023 so the total membership is expected to decrease next month.
- Talked about the future board meeting dates. Dates are posted in the January 8th Director’s meeting minutes (only viewable by current members in the HCAM members page).
- Talked about the four tables needing to be rebuilt, mower replacement and the resealing of the asphalt runway. The asphalt runway measured 40,000 square feet.
- Talked about the dumpster and possible removal from the field. This would save us $3,000 per year.
- Discussed the requirements for AMA, FAA, TRUST and FRIA.
- Safety Issue- There was a crash at the field due to improper component mounting.
- Talked about future director positions opening up for the March election.