Hill Country Aeromodelers
Pilot Training Program!
If you are interested in learning how to fly RC Aircraft, our club provides free training for members and their family. Here’s how our training program works:
- First, sign up for an AMA membership (Click the AMA button below), then apply for membership to our club (click on the Join/Renew tab above).
- After you receive your AMA ID number and Hill Country Aeromodelers membership, fill out the Training Sign Up form to the right.
- A club trainer will contact you to schedule training lessons based on your and the trainer’s availability.
- Training usually consists of 10 lessons, which concludes with your first solo flight on the 10th lesson. Each lesson consists three 8 minute flights as well as instructions on aircraft types, setup, maintenance, flight theory, etc.
- Training is free and all the equipment is provided for the first part of the training (planes, radios and batteries), however, trainees will be required to purchase their own radio and aircraft prior to performing their first solo flight. The instructor will advise you on a plane to purchase.
- At the completion of your training, which concludes with the student’s first successful solo flight, the trainee will be awarded with a Solo Flight certificate and AMA flight pin.
Mark Day 3/13/23
Ryan Tetzlaff 4/10/23
The initial training is performed on the club’s Avistar RC aircraft with electric engines. Trainees will be required to purchase their own personal aircraft prior to performing their first solo flight.